Tropical Bacon Skewers

Following on from my previous blog where I shared my recipe 4 ingredient tropical coconut balls for my kids joint tropical themed birthday party.

Im here to share another recipie for tropical Bacon Skewers which I also served at the party.

This recipe is 5 ingredients for the basics but you can. like I did, add minced garlic or ginger for extra flavour. I also made these Skewers with and without pinapple for the pinapple haters aka me!


INGREDIENTS:
12 steaky middle bacon rashes cut in half length ways (or diced ham)
1 can of pinapple pieces
200ml of pinapple juice (from canned pinapple is perfect)
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
Optional: minced garlic or ginger (fresh or in jar)
You will also need skewers/bamboo sticks

METHOD:
Preheat your oven to 180 celcius or heat up your BBQ
Slice your streaky middle bacon length ways to make 24 long thin strips.

Start by placing one side of the bacon onto skewer, alternating between bacon and pinapple.(as seen in finished Skewers)

In a bowel or baking tray if you want to save on dishes. Mix 200ml of pineapple juice, soy sauce and suger. Adding in optional garlic or ginger if wanted.

Either place skewers into baking pan and sauce or lay onto a baking pan and pour over sauce, let marinade for 2+ hours in the fridge, turning regularly

Either grill or 2-3 minutes per side on a BBQ or bake for 10-12 mins turning halfway (I baked mine)
Serve hot or cold.

These were a massive hit and was the first thing to go on our table, you could make this dish slightly healthier by using salt reduced soy sauce and maple syrup instead of brown sugar, also using cubed ham (less fatty) or chicken breast instead.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe and please leave me a comment if you try this out, dont forget to like and share if you know someone else who would like this recipe as well.
Untill next time, cya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Of BeLEAF - Their In Big Pots!!

Healthy Scrambled Erggs That Kids Love

Garden Of BeLEAF - Tomatos