Veggie Chicken Meatballs

So following on from my last blog, where I stole most of the mini banana cupcakes I had made for miss 16 month old. I made some veggie packed chicken meatballs to make up for my actions, and truthfully these meatballs went down better with her than the mini cupcakes did. These are very simple to make and you can change the ingredients to suit preference or just what you have laying around. 

So what I used for these mini veggie chicken meatballs was;

2 small grated carrots
1 medium grated potato
1/2 a small sweet potato grated
a handful of broccoli florets chopped finely
500g lean chicken mince
1 egg
1 teaspoon of garlic powder

Now its pretty much mix roll and bake with these meatballs, you could cook them in a fry pan, cook them on a tray in the oven like I did or another method I use for family sized meal of meatballs is cook them in a casserole dish with 2 cans of tomato soup for about 45 mins at 200 Celsius, and serve over pasta of choice.

Because these were going to be used as finger foods and snacks I baked them on a tray in the oven instead of in a fry pan to not use any extra oil, and because my fry pan is small and I would of had to cook the meatballs in batches.

-So I pre heated my oven to 190 Celsius, Lined a baking tray with baking paper.

-In a bowl add your chicken mince and mix through all of your selected veggies until combined evenly. Add in one egg and the garlic powder and mix again.

-Then time to get your hands dirty and start rolling. choose a size and stick to it so they all cook evenly. some like bigger ball some like smaller. I'm more of an medium sided ball lover myself. Fill the tray with your rolled out meatballs ( you may need two trays for this) and space them all out evenly.

-Bake in the oven between 15-25 minutes depending on the size you choose to roll them. just keep a good eye on them and when golden brown take them out and let them cool down. 

These meatballs are great to serve warm but are also delicious cold. so you can keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days, they are even freezer friendly. What I did for hubby was take some out of the freezer and microwaved them for about 2 minutes, then add some BBQ sauce on top. or I would add them onto a bread roll for a meatball sub.

These were an absolute hit with miss 16 month old and are defiantly in my book to make regularly, and with hidden veggies being eaten so well I will even do big batches at a time and keep a stock pile in the freezer ready to go.

So let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe out.

Also don't forget to check out my last few blogs
"I Stole From My Child"
"Kid Friendly Infused Water"
"Flat Garlic Bread/Pizza Recipe"
"My Children Won't Sleep! SOS!"
"DIY Crayon For This Kid"
"I Don't Like Toys"
"I'm Not A Glamorous Mum"
"First Birthday Mishap"
"Hidden Veggies For The Win!!"

And as miss 16 month old likes to say
Bub-eye


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Of BeLEAF - Their In Big Pots!!

Healthy Scrambled Erggs That Kids Love

Garden Of BeLEAF - Tomatos